Maker Fair or Bust!
Maker Faire showcases the amazing work of all kinds and ages of makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
The first step to participating in Maker Faire is to submit an entry that tells us about yourself and your project. Entries can be submitted from individuals as well as from groups, such as hobbyist clubs and schools. Please provide a short description of what you make and what you would like to bring to Maker Faire, including links to photographs and/or videos of your project. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we're looking for:
- Student Projects
- Music Performance and Participation
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Food and Beverage Makers
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
Maker Entry Categories
You can apply as a:
- Music Performer
- Presenter (a scheduled 20 or 50 minute presentation)
Makers : Individuals, groups, schools and organizations that would like to demonstrate what they make and/or how it works; interactive exhibits are encouraged. For Maker groups, please have one point person to coordinate your efforts. No fee to exhibit for non-commercial exhibits. - change to "No fee to exhibit for Makers."
- Non-Profit and Cause or Mission Based Associations, Institutions and Organizations : In an effort to respond to requests from a variety of organizations that would like to participate in Maker Faire, we have created a special category with an participation fee of $1,000. (Please note that this fee is due for a 10 x 10 space only and does not include electrical, internet or other requirements.) Participation fee is due September 7th.
- Commercial Makers : Individuals who would like to sell products along with demonstrating what they make at their Maker exhibit. Please submit a Maker application and indicate that you are a Commercial Maker. There is a fee of $250 for a standard set-up (fee due September 7th). Please note, companies or commercial entities do not qualify as Commercial Makers. If you are a company or commercial entity, we have great opportunities available—please see Sponsors.
Presentation : Individuals and groups who would like to talk about an idea or project of interest to the Maker community, OR makers who are interested in demonstrating what they make and how it works in a stage setting. Presentations are typically 20 or 50 minutes, with some time for Q&A. Select "Presenter" and submit a Presenter application.
Music Performer : Musicians and entertainers who would like to perform at Maker Faire. Fill out the Music Performer application.